Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cream of mushroom soup

Today the house smells of cream of mushroom soup! Yummy, it smells so good and I cant wait until it is finished so I can try it out. My daughter helped me was the mushrooms and even tried a piece. She said she liked them but didn't want to eat anymore. I cant ask any more of that from a 2.5 year old. The thing I love most about making all these dishes from scratch is that there are a lot of things my daughter can help with and it is really fun for her and I. The second thing I like is how healthy all these foods are!!!

What is in my soup:
32oz quartered mushrooms
2 cups vegetable broth (yes I used my own)
2 cups water
1 tbs Italian seasoning
1 small onion finely chopped

cook on low for 8 hours
add 1 quart milk (can use any % milk you want even heavy cream. I am using 1% so mine will be a bit thinner than if I used heavy cream)
blend with an immersion blender (you can blend in a regular blender if you dont have an immersion blender)
freeze in 2 cup portions makes 10-12 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment